You Can't Take it With You. Making Sure Intellectual Property Survives
Registered for this event? Login now to view additional event details.
The RSVPs are closed for this meeting. Please call Marlowe at 310-375-6300 to see if there is space available.
Marc will cover the following topics:
- What are Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights?
- How do you Transfer Ownership of Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights?
- What to Watch Out For Regarding Joint Ownership of Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights?
- How Best to Obtain a Security Interest in Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights?
- How Best to Protect Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights From Creditors and Predators?
About our Speaker
Marc E. Hankin, Esq., of Hankin Patent Law, APC, is a Registered Patent Attorney with a strong science background who has had extensive involvement as the lead lawyer in all areas of intellectual property law, including: patent preparation, prosecution, and licensing; trademark and copyright registration and licensing; intellectual property disputes and litigating patent, trademark, and copyright infringements; domain name disputes; thefts of trade secrets; and other unfair competition matters. More than 600 times, Marc has been the First Chair Litigator on a wide variety of IP matters for companies and universities ranging in size from solo inventors to start-ups through the top of the Fortune 500, and every size in between. Marc has been hired to testify at Trial and Deposition more than fifteen (15) times as an Expert Witness and has served as a Special Assistant Attorney General regarding a patent infringement matter. Marc has a sub-specialty in providing patent services for domestic and foreign Colleges and Universities, and served for several years as the Chair of the ABA IP Law Section University IP Law Committee.
Marc advises business owners and managers on how best to protect their valuable technology and creative works. For more than thirty-five (35+) years, Marc has counseled clients, including manufacturers and distributors in many different industries, including: software, hardware, visual effects, robotics, home theater, optical, dental, and medical devices, footwear, garments, jewelry, food, cannabis, vaping, nutraceuticals, and dietary supplements. Marc is quite knowledgeable about a wide variety of issues in the mechanical, chemical, and electrical arts, and also has been hired as a Mediator for disputes in which Intellectual Property is an asset.
Look Who is Coming:
- Granting or Recording a Security Interest in a Patent
- How to Perfect a Security Interest in Intellectual Property
- Patent Security Agreements_ Perfection Lost
- Protecting Your Rights to IP in Bankruptcy
- Security Interest and IP
- Value and Risk Considerations for IP Collateral
- SBEPC Presentation - December 2023